Setting multiple apparatus rates for Invoices lets Departments charge different rates for different types of Incidents. Departments that wish to charge multiple rates will have an idea of what types that will require different rates (these will be very department specific.) For this example, we’ll be looking at how to set different rates on an apparatus for responses to highway incidents and municipal road incidents.
Using the Highway ‘Type’ Invoice Rate for Engine 1 Using the Municipal ‘Type’ Invoice Rate for Engine 1
To Set Different Apparatus Rates:
|1.||Open the Apparatus Inventory Record and select the Invoice Rates tab|
|2.||Edit the ‘Types’ list, and define the hourly apparatus rates|
|3.||Open the Incident Record, select the Invoices tab and ‘Add a Record’ (this option is also useable on other types of Invoices, including: Burn Permits, Inspections, Property Records, and By-law Infractions.)|
|4.||In the Incident Invoice window --> Apparatus tab, the ‘Rate’ drop-list will now contain the saved ‘Types’ (entered in step 2)|
|5.||Choose the appropriate rate for the Incident type|
1. Open the Apparatus Inventory Record and select the Invoice Rates tab
2. Edit the ‘Types’ list, and define the hourly apparatus rates
Clicking the ellipses button to the right of the ‘Type’ editable drop list, this will open Apparatus Rate Types record list, where the Types can be named and Ordered.
Entered Types will now be available from the ‘Types’ drop-list back in the Invoice Rates tab. Selecting a type from this drop-list will allow the user to define the hourly apparatus billing rates, in the time increment text boxes ‘First 60 min’, ‘15 min rate before 240 min’, and ‘15 min rate after 240 min.’ These time increments can be customized in Set-Up --> Custom Settings --> Accounting -->Invoice tab ‘Apparatus Rates.’ Hovering the mouse over these entry fields provides some explanation.
3. Open the Incident Record, select the Invoices tab and ‘Add a Record.’ This action will open the Incident Invoice window.
4. In the Incident Invoice window, Apparatus tab the ‘Rate’ drop-list will now contain the saved ‘Type’ set in step 2.
5. This will allow the user to choose from the edited list the appropriate Rate for this particular Incident Invoice.
This tutorial can also be applied to invoicing apparatus use for Burn Permits. In the example below, you can see that we used a ‘Main’ type apparatus rate for this invoice.